Komodo National Park is one of the best Indonesian tourist destinations. It is located in the East Nusa Tenggara province, Indonesia. The Park is famous for Komodo Dragons. Besides that, the National Park also offers beautiful beaches, amazing underwater life, and landscapes views.
The Komodo Island tours accommodate a visit to the best tourist destinations in the National Park. You can join one of the packages, both leisure or dive packages. The tours to Komodo Island can start from Labuan Bajo, Bali, and Lombok.
Bali to Komodo Island tours offer a weekly departure from Benoa or Serangan, Sout Bali area. You can choose to go with a scheduled offer by Komodo Wisata. There is a sailing trip to Komodo for seven days and six nights. You will make stop to Nusa Penida, Lembongan, Lombok, Sumbawa, and the Komodo National Park.
Most of the visitors are taking flights to Labuan Bajo and then they join Komodo island tours from Labuan Bajo. These Komodo Island tour packages are available daily and on the weekend. You can choose to go on private or shared Komodo tours.
If you are on Lombok island, you can join the Komodo island tours from Lombok. These tour packages are available three times a week. They are based on shared tours with a maximum of 40 people in a Phinisi boat sailing. You will enjoy the beautiful islands around Sumbawa before getting to Komodo.
Komodo Island Tours from Cruise Ship
For those who visit Komodo National Park with a Cruise ship, you can join Komodo island day tours. These tour packages will only be available for passengers from the cruise line. You will be accommodated by the professional team who take you to see the places around Komodo National Park.
The best Komodo island tours from cruise ships provide in group tours and also private day tours. If you are a small family on a cruise line and you do not want to share with others, you can book a private one. But most arrangements are for a shared group with a maximum of ten people.
Komodo Dragon Island tours for our cruise line guests will explore six places, including Komodo Island and Rinca. You will also enjoy spectacular views of Padar Island and snorkeling with Manta Rays at Manta Point. Visit Pink Beach and enjoy the pink sandy beach with crystal clear water.
Best Things to Do on your Komodo Island Shore Tours
If you plan to visit Komodo National Park, the following are things to do on your Komodo island one day tour or overnight tours:
- Snorkeling and diving. These two activities are recommended to do while you visit the National Park. Komodo National Park is famous for being a world-class dive site. There are over twenty dive sites found in the Park. You can enjoy exploring the sites with Komodo island dive packages from Labuan Bajo.
- Enjoy lounge on Pink Beach or long beach and the white sand bar at Taka Makasar. Other recommended white sand beaches are Siaba Island and Kanawa island.
- Hiking on iconic Padar island. Padar island is one of the best places to visit in Komodo National Park. It is a beautiful island to enjoy sunrise and sunset. You will hike to the top to find spectacular views of the island.
- Trekking on Rinca Island and Komodo Island to see Komodo Dragons and other wildlife. This is the main attraction of visiting the park on your Flores and Komodo Island tours.
- Enjoy the sunset on Kalong Island while watching the thousands of bats flying over the island. This is one of the best to enjoy while joining the Komodo island private tours.
- Hiking on Gili Lawa Island for spectacular views. You will enjoy the sunset from the sunset point on the island. This island is one of the most recommended to enjoy your time sailing in Komodo.
Those are the recommended activities to do on your Komodo sailing tour from Labuan Bajo. You can also create your own activities. If you want to see more activities and book the tour, you can visit the Komodo island tours page.
Getting to Komodo National Park Indonesia
The first you need to know is that Komodo National Park is a group of small islands. There is no airport found in the national park. The only best access to the island is using Komodo island boat tours from Labuan Bajo, Bali, and Lombok.
For the best recommendation, you need to get to Labuan Bajo before getting to Komodo. Labuan Bajo is a small town where visitors can start their best Komodo island tour packages. This town is also the only place where you can find accommodation to stay before or after a trip to Komodo.
The following are the best ways to get to Labuan Bajo:
- Flight from Bali to Labuan Bajo Airport. The flight from Bali will spend 1 1/2 hours from Denpasar to Komodo Airport. Once arrive in Labuan Bajo, you can join the Komodo Tour 2 Days 1 Night, 3 days, or 4 days tour package.
- Join the Komodo sailing boat from Bali or Lombok. These boat tours to Komodo are also the best way to explore Komodo National Park. You can join a 4days and 3 nights shared trip from Lombokor 7 days and 6 nights from Bali.
- Ferry from Sape, West Nusa Tenggara. The ferry from Sape takes you to Labuan Bajo in six hours. Depending on the sea’s conditions. If it is rough then the crossing can spend 7 hours to get to Labuan Bajo. Once arriving at Labuan Bajo, you may stay overnight in the town. And next day you can join luxury Komodo island tours from Labuan Bajo.
- PELNI is a big ship that departs from Bali and Lombok. This ship will spend 32 hours getting to Labuan Bajo. It is only scheduled two times a week.
These are the best ways to get to Labuan Bajo and Komodo National Park. Flight from Bali to Labuan Bajo is probably the most preferred way to do it. However it is depending on your travel style, you can choose to go on any transportation you want.